School Improvement Plan
Chickamauga City Schools
Chickamauga Elementary School Strategic Plan 2023-2024
Goal 1: Increase the percentage of students performing at levels 2, 3 and 4 in ELA, math, 5th grade science by 3% as measured by the Georgia Milestones Assessment in 2024.
- Utilize system-wide lesson planning format.
- Increase the use of formative assessment data to drive instruction.
- Increase rigor and higher order thinking skills for all students to minimize the game between subgroups.
- Teachers will continue to utilize the Georgia Frameworks for all instruction.
- Increase the depth of knowledge and rigor in learning tasks and assessments.
- Early Intervention and Title services are provided to eligible students, which includes progress monitoring and interventions.
- Implement flexible grouping based on assessment data from F&P, Star and Early Literacy reports, MAP, pre and post test during TEAM time.
- Continue keyboarding class for grades K-5.
- Continue to integrate technology into lesson plans.
- Implement Benchmark Literacy Reading Program.
Goal 2: All teachers and leaders will consistently participate in job-embedded professional learning through Professional Learning Communities during the 2023-2024 school year.
- The teachers have a minimum of 2 PLC meetings a month required by grade level/group. Follow up PLCs will count for the month they occurred.
- Provide teacher new incentives to strengthen quality and quantity of Professional Learning Communities.
- Utilizing various protocols from the CES protocol notebook in our Professional Learning Communities.
- Discuss PLC protocol methods during faculty meetings.
- Every 4-6 weeks RTI data meetings using PLC protocol.
- Teachers will participate in PLCs that focus on Data Analysis and DOK in instruction and assessment.
- Grade levels/departments will invite an administrator to a PLC.
Goal 3: Improve communication and strengthen school, family, and community partnerships.
- Teachers will update grades on Infinite Campus a minimum of 1 time per week.
- Administer all parent/teacher/student surveys required by the district and state.
- PTO solicits suggestions and ideas from parents for upcoming events.
- Administration and PTO will utilize School Messenger for upcoming events.
- Communicate student performance and achievement through VIP.
- School Website is maintained.
- Media Specialist trains students on how to utilize and navigate media center website and other online subscriptions.
- PTO will use the Chickamauga Elementary PTO Facebook page for upcoming events.
- Teachers will send out grade-level newsletters each week.
- Principal Newsletter will be sent to parents each month.
- Implement the Ron Clark App to communicate when students earn a point.
- Title 1 teacher invites parents to meetings through VIP and email.
- Title 1 teacher attends November PTO meeting to provide information about National Parent Involvement month.
Goal 4: Promote a positive and safe school climate conducive to learning in order to educate the whole child and ensure all students achieve academic success.
- Renaissance Program celebrating good grades, attendance, and character.
- Teacher of the Year Award
- School Council Meetings at least two times per year
- House System to promote high expectations in regard to grades, behavior and attendance: to promote a sense of belonging and family.
- Math and Literacy Parents Night
- C.L.I.M.B. (Creating Leaders Involved in Making a Better CES) Group
- Character Education Program
- Create work order tickets when needed for maintenance and technology requests.
- Annually review, revise, and update school emergency plan.